Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Some youtube gems

So, as you might be able to tell, Jim and I are semi-addicted to YouTube. At least I am. And by semi-addicted I mean wholly addicted. But anyway, I find it necessary, at this point, to share with you a few music-related YouTube gems that you would be remiss in not watching.


Let's start with what's good.

A friend of mine sent me a link to a song called "George Washington" that I hadn't heard about. Thus, I was skeptical. How can a song about the first U.S. President be awesome? Well apparently, George Washington is more badass than Chuck Norris, Harrison Ford, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse combined. Please, view this. And when you're done, view it again.



Yeah. You're on your 5th play, right? So amazing. "He'll kick you apart... he'll kick you apart, oooh!" You're welcome for having the most ridiculous song ever stuck in your head.


Let's continue with what's awesome.

A friend of mine picked up the ukulele recently and decided that he was going to be really really good at it, and he was. And then he decided he was going to combine ukuleles with video games (which in my opinion, is a winning combination). This is the result.



He spans many games in his song... including Zelda (a few times), Rampage, and Super Mario 64. And Pokemon. So basically, this might be the greatest song ever written.


Continuing on, let's go to what would be terrible if it weren't so clever and hilarious. This, like most everything on the blog, is inappropriate. And, okay, I'm apparently really late on this, because it has over 10 million views. But OH MY GOD this is the funniest song of my life.



If you're interested, there is a sequel. It's called Show Me Your Genitals 2: E=MC Vagina. Enough said.


Now, let's conclude with what's SO AWFUL that it's amazing.



Who told Fred Durst that he could play guitar? More importantly, who let him entertain this fantasy by attempting a guitar solo in front of thousands of people? MOST importantly... WHY DO THEY CHEER AFTERWARDS?

I will leave you, readers, with that mind-boggling question.
Have a lovely Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment