Friday, February 6, 2009

The Less-Substantial Grammy Post

Hey, guys. So, as Jim just told you, the Grammys are this weekend. Which is somewhat of a surprise to me, but nevertheless, I'm prepared to go on about how ridiculous they are as well, but in a different vein.

Some categories and nominations are very legitimate. M.I.A. and Robert Plant & Allison Krause and even Radiohead were nominated for things. This is good.

HOWEVER. Since when does Slipknot get nominated for things? I don't mind the music itself; actually, it's pretty good. But the vocals make me want to gouge out my eardrums.



Slipknot isn't even what I'm upset about. Guys... Snoop Dogg got nominated... for a song called Sexual Eruption. Let's not kid ourselves, this song is NOT about an outpouring of romantic feeling. Let me quote some of this for you.
WARNING: EXPLICIT. Hah.

"I whispered in her ear,
'Lil' mama, what you drink?'
I know that you a freak,
but you know I ain't gon' say shit
See, my game is outrageous
I got her to the crib and exchanged some fuck faces
But it wasn't no use for me to rush to bust one
Cause I wanted her to have an eruption."

And at one point in the song, he clarifies for you. "Orgasms." See for yourself.



Gorgeous. I like Gin & Juice as much as the next white girl (that is what it's called, right?), and I'm actually seeing Snoop this summer at Bonnaroo. (!!!!) But really, Grammys? Anyway, Jim and I will be writing more about their ridiculousness post-ceremony. Hopefully, we're able to witness the birth of M.I.A.'s beautiful child.

No comments:

Post a Comment