Wednesday, February 11, 2009

List of songs to make you absurdly happy, part three, maybe.

In what has become the most irregularly-updated series of blog entries in the history of blogging, I've managed to put together the next installment of music that will most likely make you quite joyful, or at least relaxed and content. And seriously, you all should put these on a playlist or something whenever you're feeling not relaxed or discontent. It will rectify the situation. Also, I have determined that I actually have nothing of interest to say regarding each individual song. I tend to ramble about nothingness. So I'm going to give you the list of songs. Plain and simple. A couple of them have comments added. You know, as necessary.

Gorillaz - “Clint Eastwood”

Hot Chip - “Over and Over”

Jens Lekman - “I'm Leaving You Because I Don't Love You”

Jens Lekman - “A Sweet Summer's Night On Hammer Hill”

Kate Nash - “Foundations”

Kimya Dawson - “5 Years”
(For some reason, I couldn't find this song on playlist.com, which is weird, because it's by far my favorite Kimya Dawson song.)

M.I.A. - “Lady Killer”
(Couldn't find this one either, so the playlist below has "Galang" on it, because a happy playlist is not complete without some M.I.A.)

Mickey Avalon - “Jane Fonda”

Missy Elliot - “Work It”
Yeah, Missy Elliot. This song is awesome, and I will not back down.

The Mountain Goats - “Going to Scotland”

Mr. Bungle - “Squeeze Me Macaroni”

Neutral Milk Hotel - “Holland 1945” (EDIT: Weird association: when attending a taping of "The Colbert Report," this song came on right before the actual taping, and Stephen lip-synced the entire thing. Now, every time I hear this, I think of him spinning around in his chair while singing "white roses in her eyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees." Also, this song is great. - Jim)

Of Montreal - “Fun Loving Nun”
(Couldn't find this one either, which is a shame because The Gay Parade is such a great album. I included "Miniature Philosopher" instead.)






Get a playlist!
Standalone player
Get Ringtones





ALSO. To make this post less lame and WAY more exciting, I'm going to include a "coming soon" list of things that I intend to blog about in the near-ish future. HOW EXCITED ARE YOU, DEAR READER?! I'll also leave it slightly cryptic in order to increase anticipation.
-"The Pink Album"
-Summer festival lineups
-The 5 creepiest songs I can think of
-Nothing even remotely relevant to real journalistic endeavors, I leave that to Jim.

No comments:

Post a Comment