Friday, June 26, 2009

On Michael Jackson.



As i'm sure literally all of you guys know by now last Thursday, Michael Jackson was rushed to the hospital, where he was declared dead at 2:25 PST. Though the actual cause of death is unknown, the general consensus is that he suffered a heart attack. The news pretty much came out of nowhere, right on the heels of Farrah Fawcett's death earlier in the day. Michael was only 50.

I'll be honest: I'm a late convert to Michael's music. I grew up during the controversial era of Michael's life; I was born two years after his last universally-acclaimed album, Bad, and Michael was generally more well-known among my generation for the accusations of child abuse than for his music. Then I heard Thriller.

Honestly, I don't think much more has to be said about his music, because his first two decades of work are met with universal acclaim. I will say that it's nice to see that in his death, the artist is being remembered more than the personal life.

And so, in tribute, a terrible clip from Rush Hour 2:



Rest in peace, Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment