Friday, April 3, 2009

What? You're still alive?

I'd like to start by apologizing for being the biggest slacker in the history of the world. After copious hints from co-blogger Jim (and a few "Why don't we count the posts made in March, shall we?"s), I've decided to rear my metaphorical internet head once more and blog about something.

That something is logically going to be Bonnaroo. As most of you know, I'm disgustingly excited for Bonnaroo this year. For those of you who don't know, Bonnaroo is a 4-day dirty hippie non-sober jamfest-goodtime on a farm in Tennessee. And I have already purchased my ticket.

Now, I went to Bonnaroo a couple of years ago (the 07 lineup), and it was incredible. Mostly because of the Flaming Lips set, which genuinely may have changed my life:



This year, Bonnaroo, while devoid of the Lips, promises to be similarly amazing (partially because, instead of going with my mother, I'm going with my LIFE PARTNER* Helene). Check out the lineup, it'll make you a happy camper.



Uhhh, yehah. I'm going to see Snoop Dogg.

Kristina. Nerdy indie-music-loving... nerd.

Snoop Dogg.

This is all I have to say about him:


(I REALLY wanted to put Drop It Like It's Hot on here, but I couldn't find an embeddable one. So... Snnnnooooooooooo-ooooooooop!)

But really, the lineup is so great. I'm not exactly ecstatic for the headliners; rather, it's the underbilled bands that have my attention. Don't get me wrong, Beastie Boys and Nine Inch Nails will be really awesome, but...

St. Vincent. Of Montreal. The Decemberists. Ani DiFranco. Girl Talk. Animal Collective. YEAH YEAH mfing YEAHS. Public Enemy.

Imagine the kind of crowd that a festival with such a diverse lineup will draw. "An awesome one" is the answer to that question. Hopefully similar to the kind of people I saw in '07 (and this kid is the only important one):



And you know what? I'd like to end this post on that note. Because that green-mohawked Spiderman kid made my day.

I hope to see you all at Bonnaroo.

YOU TOO, JIM.


*She made me change it to reflect our actual relationship.

1 comment:

  1. "YOUR FRIEND HELENE"
    IS THAT ALL I AM TO YOU?

    ReplyDelete